Description: The Formation Commission develops within the parish awareness that the parish community has the responsibility for promoting the formation aspect of the mission of the Church.
1. Assist in the long-range plans for Christian formation of the parish providing for a comprehensive approach for all ages and stages in life.
2. Identify parish needs regarding Christian formation programs.
3. Develop and recommend to the pastoral council formation policies consistent with archdiocesan policies and guidelines.
4. Determine budget priorities of the committee’s responsibilities and make recommendations to the Finance Council.
5. Assist the parish director in defining the roles, responsibilities and relationships (job descriptions) of the formation administrators regarding formation programs.
6. Facilitate communication and coordination among all formation programs of the parish by reporting to the pastoral council, the parish community, the district, and the archdiocese.